This is an official website of Michal H. Kolář - a theoretical biophysicist based in Prague, Czech Republic. Welcome!
I meant to keep this site serious and research-oriented, but I might be diverging occasionally. My expertise ranges from high-level quantum chemistry to large-scale simulations of biomolecules. Please visit my research page to learn more about my work.
I like traveling by train and dislike tomatoes. I share my flat with four beloved ladies - one wife and three daughters. I'm enthusiastic about science but somewhat tend to downshifting. Every summer, I spent two wonderful weeks co-organizing Běstvina summer school for gifted teenagers.
- since 2018
- assistant professor at the University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague, Czech Republic
- since 2018
- guest researcher at the Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Göttingen, Germany
- with Helmut Grubmüller at the Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Göttingen, Germany
- with Paolo Carloni in Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany
- guest researcher at the Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry, Academy of Sciences Czech Republic, Prague
- with Pavel Hobza at the Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry, Academy of Sciences Czech Republic, Prague
- with Alberto Podjarny at the Institute of Genetics and Molecular and Cellular Biology, Illkirch, France (5 weeks)
- with Marcus Elstner at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (3 months)
- with Agnieszka Bronowska at the Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies (3 weeks)
- with Pavel Hobza at Pohang University of Science and Technology (3 months)
- with Pavel Hobza at Pohang Pohang University of Science and Technology (3 months)
Please visit my Google Scholar account. Google tries hard to keep it up-to-date (and so do I). Apart from publications in impacted journals, I wrote a couple of popular-science articles to Vesmír and tutorial texts. All of the articles are also summarized on a dedicated page.