I spent one week in Prague as a committee member in the Open Science Project. My task was to evaluate scientific posters of high-school and university students. They worked for one year in a scientific group in a university or a research institute of their choice.
The committee (including me) was impressed by the high quality of the projects. I'm happy to mention here the TOP5 projects. One has to bear in mind that the students were typically 17 years old...
- Radek Konečný - Physics can be taught in an attractive way or what the experiments can do?
- Helena Kordinová - The role of microbiota in an inflammation of small intestine of a dextran sulfate mouse model.
- Michaela Kučerová - The uniqueness of a iron(III)-hydrogen-sulfate spring after lignite mining.
- Jan Šugar - Analysis of honey using Raman spectroscopy.
- Denis Urbanský - How do birds react on the climate change?