Michal H. Kolář – group leader
Michal is a theoretical biophysicist based in Prague, Czech Republic. His expertise ranges from high-level quantum chemistry to large-scale simulations of biomolecules. Currently his group studies protein synthesis on ribosomes, while keeping some older topics about small molecules still alive.
Michal shares his flat with four beloved ladies – one wife and three daughters. He's enthusiastic about science but somewhat tends to downshifting. Every summer, he spents two wonderful weeks co-organizing Běstvina summer school for gifted teenagers. Michal likes traveling by train and dislike tomatoes.
- since 2018
- assistant professor at the University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague, Czech Republic
- since 2018
- guest researcher at the Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Göttingen, Germany
- postdoc with Helmut Grubmüller at the Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Göttingen, Germany
- postdoc with Paolo Carloni in Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany
- guest researcher at the Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry, Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague
- MSc and PhD student with Pavel Hobza at the Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry, Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague
- visiting researcher with Alberto Podjarny at the Institute of Genetics and Molecular and Cellular Biology, Illkirch, France (5 weeks)
- visiting researcher with Marcus Elstner at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (3 months)
- visiting researcher with Agnieszka Bronowska at the Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies (3 weeks)
- visiting researcher with Pavel Hobza at Pohang University of Science and Technology (3 months)
- visiting researcher with Pavel Hobza at Pohang Pohang University of Science and Technology (3 months)
- Ph.D. in molecular modeling from Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic
- MSc. in molecular modeling from Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic
- BSc. in chemistry from Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic
- Alexander von Humboldt postdoctoral fellowship
- Jean-Marie Lehn award in Chemistry by Sanofi and French Embassy in Prague
- Czech Learned Society award for pedagogues
- fellowship of the Graduate School of Mathematical and Computational Methods for the Sciences, Heidelberg
Please visit Google Scholar account. Google tries hard to keep it up-to-date. Apart from publications in peer-reviewed journals, Michal is active in science popularization (Vesmír). All of his articles are also summarized on a dedicated page.
Michaela studied molecular biology in Bratislava, Slovakia. She obtained MSc from the Faculty of Science, Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic. She worked at the Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry CAS, where she discovered the beauty of computational chemistry. In her diploma thesis, Michaela studied insulin-receptor binding by means of molecular dynamics simulations. She's a dog lover and enjoys books, podcasts and hiking.
- Lucie Kubíčková
- Aneta Leskourová
- Arian Adam Ott
- Ondřej Strnad
- Martina Zoubková